Attention SHOUTcast Partners & Developers: If your application accesses the SHOUTcast API thru yp.shoutcast.com [aka SHOUTcast 1.0 API] please read this important update.
The new SHOUTcast 2.0 API platform has been released and we are currently focused on migrating current 1.0 API partners to the new APIs. The migration is estimated to be complete on or about December 6, 2010.
If you are a current licensed partner,
please contact contact us
to coordinate your migration as soon as possible .
If you would like to contact our team about possibly joining the SHOUTcast Radio API Partner Program when it resumes taking new partners, please send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org
and include a product/application description. We will A member of the SHOUTcast team will contact you when new partner requests are being accepted.
Whats new in SHOUTcast 2.0 API?
The SHOUTcast 2.0 API is the next-gen API and replaces the current API. In developing the new APIs, we listened to developers and partners' requests and feedback to create a completely new API platform. Now our partners can build even more compelling applications or improve your current product.
SHOUTcast 2.0 API allows you to:
- Filter stations by additional parameters like genre, subgenre, station name and more.
- Control & limit station results by bitrate, codec, and the number of listeners.
- Pagination allows you to limit the number of results returned per each query
- Ability to surface random stations within a genre or subgenre
- New reporting tracks API usage per API call and product (if you have multiple products using the SHOUTcast API)
- Support of industry-standard response types such as XML, RSS and JSON
- Support of SHOUTcast 2.0 platform features in development: query for "coming soon" and "now playing" data. Launch Date TBA.
You can also read our FAQ and check out some sample code at the SHOUTcast Developer Network site
Thank you for your interest in SHOUTcast Radio!