What's new for listeners?
All-New Station Directory:
We heard you loud and clear. You wanted easier navigation to find the stations you wanted to hear. You wanted better and faster search. You wanted more options to listen to your favorite SHOUTcast Radio stations. You also wanted the site to look pretty. We're giving you all that, and a lot more! Presenting the brand new SHOUTcast 2.0 Station Directory featuring:
- Improved search: Find music and audio content playing on SHOUTcast 2.0 stations in real time
- Multiple sorting options including station name, genre, number of listeners, bitrate and type
- New genre list makes it easier to find stations
- New bottom bar player lets you listen to music while you browse SHOUTcast stations at the same time or pop it our for more flexibility.
- New Popup player that is also embeddable on your website
- Get station recommendations with the new "Featured Stations" section
- 'Coming Soon' search results searches against what's coming up next on SHOUTcast 2.0 stations*
What's new for Broadcasters and Developers?
We overhauled the engine to go with the shiny new paint. The completely re-written SHOUTcast 2.0 directory platform (aka YP2) and broadcaster tools are a significant leap forward in the evolution of SHOUTcast. Some highlights include:
- All-new SHOUTcast YP2 protocol
- Real-Time 'Now Playing' and 'Coming Soon' meta data updates
- Streaming from port 80*
- Stream multiple stations from a single SHOUTcast server instance*
- In-Stream metadata in standardized XML*
- UTF-8 and international character support*
- Support for multiple file-types including MP3, AAC+, FLAC, WAV and Ogg*
- Improved server and stream security*
- New Wiki for broadcasters
Click here to download the 2.0 tools and upgrade now!